Above are a few images from the Art of Photography Show
The Art of Photography Show
An international exhibition of photographic art
At the elegant San Diego Art Institute
Producer: Steven Churchill
This year we are launching our new project,
PhotoCulture. Become a member for free
and we'll keep you posted!
Become an Art of Photography Show member.
Click here to read testimonials about our shows.
The Art of Photography Show is an established and critical force in the world of contemporary photography. Now in its 10th year, this presentation of world class photography is truly exquisite. This well thought out exhibition provides value to artists at every turn, from first-rate viewing in the judging process to publication opportunities, well-attended events and lectures, photo industry connections and monetary awards.
Please read this open letter from our Associate Producer, Lisa Smith. It has very useful information about this project.
$10,000 in Awards
$2,000 Artist Grant
$1,600 Artist Grant
$1,200 Artist Grant
$ 800 Artist Grant
$ 400 (11) Honorariums
"The Art of Photography Show is the very best photography competition among
all of the competitions which were represented at the APA-LA panel, by far.
You guys stand alone as being a pure high-end photography exhibition, produced
with excellence and with integrity."
American Photographic Artists
Los Angeles Vice Chair
This is the tenth year of this major photographic exhibition. One of the distinguishing characteristics of this
competition and exhibition is that our judge is always a highly acclaimed museum curator. Most photographers feel that having their work exhibited in a museum is the ultimate goal. Yet, getting exposure to museum curators is normally very difficult. This project provides that opportunity.
- Intensive marketing, resulting in thousands of people viewing the Show
- Broad publicity strategy brings considerable media attention to the art and the artists
- The opening reception is be a world class event, with many buyers/collectors in attendance
- A superb Show Catalogue is produced and available at the Opening Reception and other events
- Being selected by a major museum curator is an extremely significant accomplishment
- Our Judges
- Arthur Ollman - Director of the Museum of Photographic Arts
- Anne Lyden - Associate Curator at the J. Paul Getty Museum
- Natasha Egan - Associate Director and Curator at the Museum of Contemporary Photography
- Neal Benezra - Director of the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
- Charlotte Cotton - Director of Photography at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art
- Hugh Davies - Director of the Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego
- Tim Wride - Director of Photography at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art
- Carol McCusker - Curator of Photography at the Museum of Photographic Arts
- Julian Cox - Founding Curator of Photography and Chief Curator at the Fine Arts Museums
of San Francisco
- Julia Dolan - Curator of Photography at the Portland Art Museum
- (Note: All titles are as of the time of judging)
Opening Reception Photos